LIVE STATS / ONLINE VIDEO / WEATHER
LUBBOCK, Texas (November 7, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals play their final game of the season Thursday, hosting Eastern New Mexico University at 3 p.m. for Senior Day.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals come into the contest against ENMU with a 11-4-1 overall record. The Chaps went 8-1-0 in Heartland Conference play to finish in first place in the conference standings, but as a provisional conference member, they are unable to claim a regular season title.
• This game marks the final game of the season and LCU is 2-1-0 all-time in regular season finales.
• LCU is 5-2-1 in home games this season and 21-7-4 all-time at home.
• LCU is led in points by Billy Forbes, who has 17 goals in 16 games. The 17 goals is 46% of the team's 37 goals scored. Forbes is the Heartland Conference's only four-time Offensive Player of the Week recipient this season. Forbes enters the game leading the Heartland Conference in points (41), points per game (2.6), goals (17), goals per game (1.1), co-leading in game winning goals (4) and is second in shots per game (4.9).
• Chaparrals head coach Matt Barnes has an all-time coaching record of 14-1-3 when coaching in conference contests. Prior to joining the Chaps, Barnes was coaching Embry Riddle (Ariz.), who competed in the NAIA's California Pacific Conference. The only loss came in LCU's 2-1 home loss to Texas A&M International.
• The Chaparrals are 3-1-0 this season against ranked programs, with three straight wins against ranked opponents. LCU started the string by defeating No.18 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan (Sept. 21) 2-1 and followed with a 3-0 win over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin (Sept. 23). Late in the season, they went on the road and defeated No.13 St. Edward's 1-0 (Oct. 28). Their loss was to No.14 West Texas A&M (4-1 on Sept. 16). LCU is 3-3-1 all-time against ranked opponents.
• Seven of LCU's prior nine wins have been via shutouts. The Chaps lead the Heartland Conference with seven shutouts. Individually, Chaps goalkeeper Erik Mozzo leads the conference with seven shutouts. Mozzo, a senior goalkeeper from Beaufort, S.C., is a three-time Heartland Conference Player of the Week. Mozzo enters the game leading the Heartland Conference in GAA (0.94), minutes in goal (1437), save percentage (82.1%) and shutouts (7).
• The Chaps have been out-shot in 11 of their 15 games this season. LCU is 3-0-1 in games they have out-shot their opponents.
• Lubbock Christian is riding a program-best six-game win streak.
• If LCU can avoid a loss Thursday, they will match their program single-season record of losses with four, matching the four losses they had in 2011 (14-4-3).
• The Chaps are 11-1-0 this season when scoring first and 0-3-0 this season when the opposition scores first.
• Thirteen (13) members of the Chaps will be honored prior to the game for Senior Day.
• The Greyhounds are 8-5-3 on the season. They are members of the Lone Star Conference, but the conference does not support men's soccer due to the lack of programs with men's soccer.
• ENMU is coming into the game following a 1-1 tie to No.19 West Texas A&M.
• Three of the last four games for the Greyhounds have been against ranked opponents. They are 0-2-1 in those contests, falling 3-0 to No.24 Fort Hays State and 1-0 at No.15 West Texas A&M before their tie against WTAMU.
• On the road, ENMU enters with a 4-4-0 record.
• The Greyhounds are 1-2-2 in their last five games since their last contest against LCU.
• This game features a pair of programs in the NSCAA South Central Regional Rankings, with LCU ranked No.6 and ENMU ranked No.9.
SERIES HISTORY WITH ENMU
• The all-time series is tied 1-1-1 through three meetings.
• The two teams met earlier this season in Portales, N.M., with LCU falling 2-1 after having a 1-0 halftime lead (Oct. 3). Nick Gorrie scored the lone LCU goal in the contest. ENMU received goals from Jose Hernandez and Eishu Kanemitsu. ENMU had a 12-4 advantage in shots on goal in the contest.
• The last meeting in Lubbock was Sept. 7, 2010, with LCU winning 1-0.