LIVE SCORING / GAME & WEEKLY NOTES (PDF) / WEATHER
WICHITA, Kan. (October 19, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University women's soccer team takes a 3-0-0 Heartland Conference on the road, as they open a four-game road trip Saturday with a 7:30 p.m. contest at Newman University.
LADY CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals are on the road for a four-game road trip, which begins Saturday in Wichita, Kan. at Newman University and continues Monday afternoon in Claremore, Okla. against Rogers State University.
• LCU is rolling into Wichita on a three-game win streak. All the wins during the streak are Heartland Conference games, which has them 3-0-0 in conference play.
• The Lady Chaps, 6-5-0, play four of their final six games on the road.
• LCU is 1-3-0 on the road this season and are 16-17-2 all-time in road games.
• The Lady Chaps are witnessing a season that is panning out much different than last season. Last season, LCU was 2-4-2 in conference games (Sooner AthletiC Conference) and went 10-0-0 leading up to their first conference games. This season, LCU was 3-5-0 prior to conference play and they are 3-0-0 in conference play, already surpassing last season's conference win total.
• LCU has scored at least one goal in the first half in six consecutive games. In Heartland Conference play, LCU has out-scored their opponents 8-2 in the first half. They have not found the same success offensively in the second half in the past three games (two goals), but they have not allowed a goal defensively in the second half during that same span.
• LCU's first six games of the season were decided by shutouts, with LCU winning three and losing three. With their 3-0 win over Texas A&M International Monday, LCU has shutouts in five of their six victories on the season. The five shutouts ranks them tied for second in the Heartland Conference with St. Mary's and behind St. Edward's, who has nine.
• LCU leads the Heartland Conference in shots (236) and shots per game (21.5). Individually, Jamie Boone (46) and Brooke Wendl (40) rank first and third in the conference in shots, and the two lead in shots per game (Boone 4.6, Wendl 4.4)
• Priscilla Brannon received Heartland Conference Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors with a pair of goals on the week. The senior, who had three goals her freshman season, had gone 45 games over the past three seasons without a goal, but has since scored in consecutive games. She also led the team with eight shots on the week.
• Goalkeeper Lauren Story recorded her fifth shutout of the season and her fifth of her career. The five shutouts matches the program single-season record set by Allison Brinson from the 2011 season. Story's fifth career shutout matches her with Brinson for the program individual career lead.
• The Jets are 2-2-0 in the Heartland Conference standings (fifth place) and they are 5-6-0 overall.
• Newman is 1-2-0 against common opponents LCU has already played (Northwestern Okla. St, St. Mary's, TAMIU). LCU went 3-0-0 against those same opponents.
• Mei-Mei Senthavy joined LCU's Brannon as Co-Offensive Player of the Week in the Heartland Conference. She leads the conference in points (23), points per game (2.1), goals (10) and goals per game (0.9).
• The Jets head into the game following a 1-0 double-overtime loss to St. Edwards, who is a perfect 4-0-0 in conference and has yet to suffer a regulation loss this season.
• At home, NU is 3-2-0 on the season and 1-1-0 in conference games.
SERIES HISTORY WITH NEWMAN
• The two teams have never met.