LIVE SCORING / WEEKLY NOTES (PDF) / WEATHER
WICHITA, Kan. (October 19, 2013) – A four-game road trip for Lubbock Christian University begins Saturday, as the men's soccer program faces Newman University in a Heartland Conference tilt at 5 p.m.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals are beginning a four-game road trip with a trip north to Wichita, Kan. Saturday to face Newman University before continuing on to Claremore, Okla. Monday to face Rogers State University. Both contests are Heartland Conference matches and LCU is 2-1-0 in conference play.
• The Chaps play four of their final six games on the road.
• LCU is 2-2-0 in road games this season (1-0-0 in conference road games) and 16-12-5 all-time on the road.
• LCU is led in points by Billy Forbes, who has 12 goals in 10 games. Forbes has all but eight of the team's 20 goals on the season. He also has 24 of the team's 55 shots on goal. Forbes is the Heartland Conference's only three-time Offensive Player of the Week recipient this season after claiming Co-Offensive Player accolades this week. His 12 goals, 2.6 points per game and 4.8 shots per game are conference leading statistics. He also co-leads in points (26) and is second in game winning goals (3).
• Chaparrals head coach Matt Barnes has an all-time coaching record of 8-1-3 when coaching in conference contests. Prior to joining the Chaps, Barnes was coaching Embry Riddle (Ariz.), who competed in the NAIA's California Pacific Conference. The only loss came in LCU's last game, a 2-1 home loss to Texas A&M International.
• The Chaparrals are 2-1-0 this season against ranked programs. LCU defeated No.18 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan (Sept. 21) 2-1 and followed with a 3-0 win over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin (Sept. 23). Their loss was to No.14 West Texas A&M. LCU is 2-3-1 all-time against ranked opponents.
• LCU's last three wins have been via shutouts and each by the score of 3-0. The Chaps co-lead the Heartland Conference with four shutouts. Individually, Chaps goalkeeper Erik Mozzo leads the conference with four shutouts. Mozzo is second in the conference in save percentage (79%) and is third in GAA (1.28).
• The Chaps have been out-shot in eight of their 10 games this season. LCU is 1-0-1 in games they have out-shot their opponents.
• Freshman Jorge Elizalde has two goals and an assist for five points over the past three games, with all the five points coming in conference games.
• The Chaps are 5-1-0 this season when scoring first and 0-3-0 this season when the opposition scores first.
• The Jets are winless in 12 games this season, as they are 0-11-1 overall and 0-4-0 in conference.
• NU has lost their last three games by one goal, including a 1-0 loss to a No.7 St. Edward's. NU is 0-6-0 in games decided by one goal.
• The Jets have only scored more than one goal this season in one game and it came in a 3-2 road loss at William Jewel.
• Individually, the Jets do not have a player with more than two goals on the season and only four different players have tallied a goal this season for Newman.
• The Jets are 0-4-1 at home this season.
SERIES HISTORY WITH NEWMAN
• The two teams are meeting for the first time.