LIVE SCORING / WEATHER
ODESSA, Texas (October 7, 2013) – The Heartland Conference opener is here, as the Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals open their Heartland Conference schedule Monday at 2:30 p.m. at University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
LADY CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals open their Heartland Conference portion of their schedule seeking to end a two-game losing streak they carry into the game.
• LCU is coming into the week off a 2-1 road loss Thursday to Eastern New Mexico in a non-conference game to place their record at 3-5-0.
• The game is the second game of a two-game road trip.
• LCU is 0-3-0 on the road this season and are 15-17-2 all-time in road games.
• Lubbock Christian, who spent the three prior soccer seasons in the Sooner Athletic Conference, went 2-4-2 last season in conference games.
• The Lady Chaps are 3-0-0 all-time in conference-opening games.
• Brooke Wendl has produced points in the prior three Lady Chaps games played. She had LCU's only goal in a 2-1 loss Thursday at Eastern New Mexico.
• LCU's first six games of the season were decided by shutouts, with LCU winning three and losing three. The two most recent games have resulted in 2-1 loss decisions.
• LCU leads the Heartland Conference in shots (178) and shots per game (22.3). Individually, Wendl (40) and Jaime Boone (37) lead the conference in shots and shots per game (Wendl 5, Boone 4.6)
• Shots have not been an issue this season for LCU, but getting the ball into the goal has been. LCU has 8 goals on 178 shots for a 4.5% scoring percentage. Opponents are scoring on a percentage of 9.8%, which doubles the Lady Chaps scoring mark. LCU has out-scored opponents a combined 9-8 this season.
• The Falcons enter the game 1-8-0 on the season.
• UTPB has not played since defeating LCU 2-1 last Thursday.
• They had scored four goals on the season (from four different individuals) prior to last Thursday's meeting against LCU, but Kourtnye Chandler would change that up with a pair of goals to now lead the team with three goals on the season.
• UTPB has been outscored 13-4, out-shot 106-27 and have a 41-9 disadvantage in corner kicks all in the first half of games this season.
SERIES HISTORY WITH UTPB
• Last Thursday's meeting was the first ever meeting between the two teams and UTPB won 2-1 for a 1-0-0 all-time series lead. Kortnye Chandler scored both of UTPB's goals, including one in the final three minutes of regulation for the game-winning goal.
• The two squads are meeting twice in 2013. The contest in Lubbock was a non-conference game and Monday's meeting in Odessa will serve as a Heartland Conference match.