LIVE SCORING / LIVE VIDEO / WEATHER / GAME NOTES (PDF)
PORTALES, N.M. (October 3, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals seeks to extend a two-game win streak Thursday, as they head to Eastern New Mexico for a 2 p.m. (Central) non-conference start.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals are looking for a three-game win streak, as they enter the week 3-2-1 after a pair of wins over ranked programs (3-0 win at home over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin 3-0 and a 2-1 win at No.18 Texas Wesleyan).
• The Chaps play their first Heartland Conference game Monday at Texas-Permian Basin in Odessa, Texas..
• LCU, on a two-game road trip, is 1-1-0 in road games this season and 15-11-5 all-time on the road.
• LCU is led in points by Billy Forbes, who has nine goals in six games. Forbes has all but three of the team's 12 goals on the season. He also has 31 (of 85) of the team's shots and 17 of the team's 36 shots-on-goal. Last week, Forbes scored four goals in two games and claimed his second Heartland Conference Offensive Player of the Week honor of the season.
• Saturday's game against Dallas Christian College was ruled cancelled due to unsafe playing conditions. The game had been halted just prior to the half due to thunderstorms. At the time, LCU led 3-0 but the game result and statistics do not stand because the game did not reach at least a 70th minute.
• The Chaparrals defeated No.18 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan (Sept. 21) 2-1 and followed with a 3-0 win over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin last Monday and it stands as LCU's first ever wins over a ranked opponent. LCU is now 2-3-1 all-time against ranked opponents, and they enter Thursday's game following three consecutive games against ranked opponents.
• Chaps senior goalkeeper Erik Mozzo is coming off a week in which he claimed Heartland Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors for his first Heartland Conference honor. On the season, the Beaufort, S.C. native ranks second in the conference in save percentage (.780) and third in GAA (1.47). He leads the conference in shutouts with two.
• Opponents have out-shot LCU 41-36 in shots-on-goal this season. Only twice has LCU had the upper hand in that category this season (9-6 advantage over Huston-Tillotson on Sept. 14 and 7-4 advantage over UTPB on Monday).
• The books are now closed for September. LCU went 3-2-1 this season in September and are 16-4-6 all-time in games played in September. • The Chaps are 19-5-5 all-time in non-conference contests, but are 4-4-3 in their last 11 non-conference contests.
• The Greyhounds are 6-3-1 on the season and are riding a four-game win streak, which started with a 2-1 overtime win over Dallas Baptist.
• ENMU is 2-0-1 this season against Heartland Conference opponents. They have wins over DBU and Oklahoma Christian and they tied with Texas A&M International.
• The 'Hounds have at least two goals scored in their last five games. Kal Herbert leads ENMU with 6 goals and 13 points. He has 47 shots in 10 games, with 25 on goal.
• ENMU enters the game following a 3-0 road win at Southwest (N.M.) on Monday.
• The Greyhounds are 2-1-1 at home this season.
SERIES HISTORY WITH ENMU
• The Chaps lead the all-time series 1-0-1 over ENMU.
• LCU is 0-0-1 all-time at ENMU. The prior meeting in Portales was on Sept. 6, 2011 with the game resulting in a 1-1 tie. ENMU was ranked No.24 in the game and it was the most recent meeting between the two clubs.