There are no live scoring links for this game... we will try post any updates at @LCUchaps on Twitter
FARMERS BRANCH, Texas (September 27, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals soccer team looks for a third straight win Saturday at 1 p.m., as they face Dallas Christian College on the road.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals are looking for a three-game win streak, as they enter the game 3-2-1 after a pair of wins over ranked programs (3-0 win at home over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin 3-0 and a 2-1 win at No.18 Texas Wesleyan).
• The game was originally scheduled for 3 p.m., but since Dallas Christian's women's team has gone into hiatus this season, there is no women's game at 1 p.m., so the men's program has moved their game to 1 p.m.
• LCU is 1-1-0 in road games this season and 15-11-5 all-time on the road.
• LCU is led in points by Billy Forbes, who has nine goals in six games. Forbes has all but three of the team's 12 goals on the season. He also has 31 (of 85) of the team's shots and 17 of the team's 36 shots-on-goal. Last week, Forbes scored four goals in two games and claimed his second Heartland Conference Offensive Player of the Week honor of the season.
• The Chaparrals defeated No.18 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan Saturday 2-1 and followed with a 3-0 win over No.13 Texas-Permian Basin Monday and it stands as LCU's first ever wins over a ranked opponent. LCU is now 2-3-1 all-time against ranked opponents, and they enter Saturday's game following three consecutive games against ranked opponents.
• Chaps senior goalkeeper Erik Mozzo is coming off a week in which he claimed Heartland Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors for his first Heartland Conference honor. On the season, the Beaufort, S.C. native ranks second in the conference in GAA (1.47) and save percentage (.780). He leads the conference in shutouts with two.
• Opponents have out-shot LCU 41-36 in shots-on-goal this season. Only twice has LCU had the upper hand in that category this season (9-6 advantage over Huston-Tillotson on Sept. 14 and 7-4 advantage over UTPB on Monday).
• LCU has had success in the month of September. The Chaps are 16-4-6 all-time in games played in September.
• The Chaps are 19-5-5 all-time in non-conference contests, but are 4-4-3 in their last 11 non-conference contests.
SCOUTING DALLAS CHRISTIAN
• The Crusaders are 3-7-1 this season and come into the contest following a 3-1 road loss to Ozark Christian College.
• This season, DCC is 0-3-1 at home.
• Dallas Christian is members of the Association of Christian College Athletics (ACCA) and also compete in the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
SERIES HISTORY WITH DALLAS CHRISTIAN
• LCU leads the all-time series 2-0-0 against DCC.
• The Chaps have combined to out-score DCC 15-0 in the two prior meetings. LCU defeated DCC 6-0 in their only meeting in Farmer's Branch (Sept. 13, 2010). The only other meeting was on Sept. 24, 2011 in Lubbock, with LCU winning 9-0.
• Billy Forbes had a pair of goals and an assist for a five-point outing the previous game these two teams squared off in.