LIVE SCORING / WATCH ONLINE / WEATHER
LUBBOCK, Texas (September 23, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals soccer team plays their third consecutive game against a ranked squad and they seek their second consecutive win over a ranked opponent as they host University of Texas of the Permian Basin Monday at 3:30 pm from LCU Soccer Field.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals play their fourth home game of the season and enter the game 2-2-1 after a 2-1 win at No.18 Texas Wesleyan.
• The game is a meeting between two Heartland Conference squads, but the game will not count as a Heartland Conference game. The two teams are scheduled to play their Heartland Conference meeting Oct. 7 in Odessa, Texas.
• LCU is 1-1-1 in home games this season and 17-6-4 all-time at home.
• LCU is led in points by Billy Forbes, who has seven goals in five games. Forbes has all but two of the team's nine goals on the season. He also has 27 (of 73) of the team's shots and 15 of the team's 29 shots-on-goal.
• The Chaparrals defeated No.18 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan Saturday 2-1 and it stands as LCU's first ever win over a ranked opponent. LCU is now 1-3-1 all-time against ranked opponents. Monday's game stands as their third consecutive game against ranked competition and they are 1-1-0 this season against ranked opponents.
• Chaps senior goalkeeper Erik Mozzo has 1.76 GAA on the season. He has 29 saves on 36 shots faced. In his last home game, he notched the first shutout of his career (0-0 tie against Huston-Tillotson on Sept. 14).
• At home, LCU is seeking to end an active scoreless sequence of 203:30.
• Opponents have been out-shot LCU 38-29 in shots-on-goal this season. Only once has LCU had the upper hand in that category this season (9-6 advantage over Huston-Tillotson on Sept. 14).
• LCU has had success in the month of September. The Chaps are 15-4-6 all-time in games played in September.
• The Chaps are 18-5-5 all-time against non-conference opponents, but are 3-4-3 in their last 10 non-conference contests.
• The Falcons are 4-2-0 this season and carry a No.13 national ranking.
• This season, UTPB is 2-2-0 on the road.
• UTPB opened the season 3-0 with key wins over No.23 Fort Hays State and CSU-Pueblo.
• Nathan Cotterell has seven goals in six games to lead the Falcons, and also has five assists to lead the team with 24 points.
• Opponents have out-shot UTPB 89-68 and have produced a 31-19 advantage in corner kick opportunities.
SERIES HISTORY WITH UTPB
• The two teams are meeting for the first time ever in a regular season setting.
• LCU and UTPB will play again Oct. 7 in Odessa, Texas and it will count as a Heartland Conference contest.