LIVE SCORING / WATCH ONLINE / WEATHER
CANYON, Texas (September 17, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals soccer team hits the road for the first time Tuesday, as they face Lone Star Conference preseason favorites West Texas A&M University at 7 p.m.
LADY CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals aim to rebound from their first loss of the season (2-0 loss last Tuesday to Wayland Baptist) and look to build on a 2-1-0 record.
• The Lady Chaps play the next two games on the road before returning home. They follow Tuesday's game Saturday facing Texas Wesleyan University.
• LCU is 0-0-0 on the road this season and went 5-4-0 last season on the road.
• LCU had their 14-game win streak against non-conference opponents snapped last Tuesday with their 2-0 loss to Wayland Baptist. The Lady Chaps are 20-5 all-time in non-conference games.
• The Lady Chaps have scored three goals on the season and all three goals have been produced by Jamie Boone. The freshman scored a goal in a 1-0 win over Southwest (N.M.) and tallied her first multi-goal game with a two-goal performance over Huston-Tillotson in a 2-0 win.
• This game marks LCU's second game ever against a Lone Star Conference opponent. LCU is 1-0-0 all-time against LSC teams. Their only prior meeting against a LSC team was on Sept. 7, 2010 against Eastern New Mexico, in which LCU won 1-0 at home.
• LCU has combined to out-shoot their opponents 78-28 and they have a 31-11 advantage in shots-on-goal.
• Under head coach Alex Denning, LCU is 3-0-0 on the road in non-conference contests.
SCOUTING WEST TEXAS A&M
• The Lady Buffs are the Lone Star Conference preseason poll leaders, but have opened the season with a 0-3-2 record.
• WTAMU has only scored one goal in five games. The lone goal came in a 1-1 tie to Southwestern Oklahoma State, with Emily Krenek completing the honor.
• The last three Lady Buff contests have resulted in overtime decisions.
SERIES HISTORY WITH WEST TEXAS A&M
• The Lady Chaps and Lady Buffs have never faced each other and Tuesday's meeting marks the first all-time meeting.
• Each team's leading goal scorers (Jamie Boone – LCU, Emily Krenek – WTAMU) has scored all of their respective team's goals. The two were also high school teammates at Belton High School.