LIVE SCORING / WATCH ONLINE / WEATHER
LUBBOCK, Texas (September 10, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals soccer team renews a rivalry in a different chapter Tuesday at 4 p.m., as they host Wayland Baptist University at LCU Soccer Field.
CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Chaparrals play their second game of the season and look to build on a 1-0-0 record.
• The game is the first of two games on the week, as LCU hosts Huston-Tillotson Saturday.
• LCU is 1-0-0 at home this season.
• LCU aims to keep an offensive pace going as they had in their prior game. The Chaps last game (Sept. 5 vs. University of the Southwest) resulted in a 6-1 win for the Chaps, with five goals scored in the second half. Four of the goals for LCU were tallied in a span of 3:12. The six goals scored for LCU matched the second most goals scored in a game in program history.
• Senior Billy Forbes, who missed last season after 21 goals in 2011, made a nice return to the pitch for the Chaps in their season opener, as he set a program record with four goals in the game. His four goals led to an eight-point game to match a program single-game record for points.
• Even though the Chaps were victorious (6-1) in their prior game, they were out-shot 18-15 (out-shot 8-7 on goal). Carrying over from last season, LCU has been out-shot in three of their last four wins.
• LCU is seeking their first string of home wins since winning their opening two home games last season. The Chaps had been 1-2-2 since opening last season 2-0-0 at home until their season opening win this season.
• The Chaps have opened each of their last three seasons with at least a 2-0-0 record, opening last season with a program-best 3-0-0 start.
• LCU is 17-3-4 all-time against non-conference opponents, but are 2-2-2 in their last six non-conference contests.
SCOUTING WAYLAND BAPTIST
• The Pioneers are coming off an impressive 12-4-2 season a year ago and are off to a 2-1-1 start in 2013.
• This season, WBU has had a tough schedule with already a pair of games against ranked competition. The Pioneers tied No.4 MidAmerica Nazarene 1-1 and fell to No.18 Missouri Valley College 2-1.
• WBU is coming off a 2-1 win over Eastern New Mexico, which is the first of an eventual four consecutive games against NCAA Div. II competition.
• The Pioneers have scored six goals on the season and two of which have been tallied by David Neuberth, who leads the team with five points (2 goals and 1 assists).
SERIES HISTORY WITH WAYLAND BAPTIST
• The all-time series between the two teams is tied at 2-2-0.
• LCU had won the first two meetings against the Pioneers, but WBU swept the matchups last season, defeating LCU 1-0 on Oct. 30 and then in the Sooner Athletic Conference Tournament 3-0 on Nov. 3. Both games were played in Plainview, Texas.
• LCU is 1-0-0 all-time against WBU in Lubbock. The last meeting in Lubbock resulted in a 3-1 LCU win on Nov. 1, 2011. Billy Forbes had a pair of goals in the win for LCU.
• WBU has an active shutout sequence of 190:43 against the Chaps dating back to Nov.1, 2011.