LIVE SCORING / WATCH ONLINE / WEATHER
LUBBOCK, Texas (September 10, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals soccer team meets a familiar foe in former Sooner Athletic Conference rival Wayland Baptist University, but this time they meet for the first time as non-conference opponents. The game is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tuesday at LCU Soccer Field.
LADY CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals soccer team seeks to extend a two-game win streak and to build on a 2-0-0 record Tuesday hosting former conference rival Wayland Baptist University.
• The Lady Chaps, in their fourth season, are seeking their third 3-0-0 start to the season. LCU opened the 2012 season 12-0-0 and were the final NAIA program to suffer a loss or a tie.
• LCU is 2-0-0 at home this season.
• LCU is riding a 14-game win streak in non-conference games and is 20-4 all-time in non-conference games.
• The Lady Chaps have scored three goals on the season and all three goals have been produced by Jamie Boone. The freshman scored a goal in a 1-0 win over Southwest (N.M.) and tallied her first multi-goal game with a two-goal performance Saturday in a 2-0 win over Huston-Tillotson.
• Through two games and 180 minutes of play on the season, the Lady Chaps have not allowed a goal on the season. LCU had four shutouts last season with a trio in consecutive games (9/1/12 - 9/8/12), marking the last time LCU went three consecutive games with a shutout. Lauren Story, who was without a shutout in her college career prior to this season, has both shutouts. Story and the Lady Chaps enter Tuesday's game with an active shutout sequence of 207:15.
• LCU snapped a program record Saturday against Huston-Tillotson with 45 shots, topping their prior mark of 42. Boone matched a single-game program high with 12 shots in the game.
• Under head coach Alex Denning, LCU is 7-1-2 at home. Their lone loss under Denning came Oct. 13, 2012 against John Brown.
SCOUTING WAYLAND BAPTIST
• The Pioneers, coming off an 8-9-1 record in 2012, comes in with a 3-1-0 mark. They were 3-0-0 until falling 3-0 Sunday at Angelo State.
• WBU is playing five of their first six games on the road and they are 2-1-0 so far in road contests.
• Emarie Holland has eight of WBU's 10 goals on the season and she has a pair of hat tricks on the season. Her 2.7 goals per game ranks second in the NAIA and her 9.7 shots per game leads the NAIA (ranks second in shots-on-goal per game with 5.3). She also ranks third in the NAIA in points per game (5.3). Holland has 24 career goals for WBU and her 8 matches a career single-season best.
SERIES HISTORY WITH WAYLAND BAPTIST
• The Lady Chaps lead the all-time series 2-0-1 over WBU. LCU is 0-0-1 all-time at home against WBU.
• LCU won 4-2 on Sept. 29, 2012 in the previous meeting between the two teams. The prior meeting in Lubbock was on Nov. 1, 2011, with the game resulting in a 1-1 tie.
• In their 2012 meeting, LCU received goals from four different individuals, with Emily Odom serving as the only returning member who had a goal in the game. Brooke Wendl had a pair of assists in the contest and produced a game-high five shots (three on goal).
• WBU's Zoe Benson had two goals last season, with one tallied against LCU.