LIVE SCORING / LIVE VIDEO / WEATHER
LUBBOCK, Texas (September 7, 2013) – The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals soccer team continues their opening week of the 2013, as they host Huston-Tillotson Saturday at 11 a.m. at LCU Soccer Field.
LADY CHAPS FLIGHT DECK
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaparrals look to build on a 1-0-0 record facing NAIA's Huston-Tillotson University.
• Following the game, they return to the home pitch Tuesday to host Wayland Baptist University at 2 p.m.
• LCU is coming off a 12-5-2 season a year ago, which was their first season under head coach Alex Denning.
• LCU is seeking their second consecutive season with a 2-0-0 start. The program's best start came in 2012 with a 12-0-0 and they were the final NAIA program to suffer a loss or tie.
• Freshman Jamie Boone has the lone goal of the season for the Lady Chaps. The Belton, Texas native has had an impressive start to the season, as she led LCU in shots against Colorado State in an exhibition game and scored the only goal in a 1-0 win Thursday over University of the Southwest.
• LCU is 19-4 all-time in non-conference games, riding a 13-game win streak against non-conference competition.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Lauren Story recorded her first collegiate shutout Thursday in the win over USW and has not allowed a goal in her last 117:15 played in goal carrying over from last season. The same is said for the team shutout sequence as well.
• The Lady Rams have the tough task of playing Saturday's game 13 hours after the completion of their prior contest. HTU fell 4-1 Friday night at Wayland Baptist in Plainview, Texas. The loss places their record at 1-2-0 on the season.
• Last season, the Rams went 3-13-2 overall and 3-6-1 in the RRAC. They were shutout in five of their last six games .
• HTU has eight goals through their first three games this season (three each by Courtney Wilcut and Victoria Elizalde lead the squad). The Rams totaled 15 goals the entire 2012 season (Wilcut led the team with eight). Jessica Loyola produced the lone goal for the Lady Rams Friday night.
SERIES HISTORY WITH HUSTON-TILLOTSON
• The Lady Chaparrals lead the all-time series 1-0-0.
• LCU won the only prior meeting 5-1 (Sept. 15, 2012) at HTU, with Emily Odom producing a pair of goals.
• This is HTU's first visit to Lubbock.